Business Intelligence Tools
Cornerstone provides Business Intelligence solutions utilising IBM Cognos. IBM Cognos provides a comprehensive set of reporting and analytical capabilities with access to the information you need through Web-based and Microsoft Office user interfaces. With highly formatted dashboards for business users who need the ability to create their own reports and ad-hoc queries or customise existing reports, reporting within IBM Cognos empowers your entire user community.
The business value of reporting is simple: it not only communicates a company’s performance, but helps the company understand it. With it, executives, managers and business users can take action on recent information. It creates a common context for decision-making in every department and at every level with familiar interfaces that are easy to understand and navigate.
The types of reporting Cornerstone has delivered to organisations using Cognos Business Intelligence include:
- Financial Statements, such as:
- Profit and Loss Statements
- Cash Flow and Work Capital
- Variance Reporting
- Balance Sheets
- Strategic Investments
- Highly formatted Management Reports such as Board Reporting packs (see section below Narrative Reporting)
- Operational Reports such as key metrics by Department or Project Reporting
- Operational and Management Dashboards – highly visual analytics allowing end users to drill in the data and empowering them to make better decisions.
- Empowered end users who can create their own ad-hoc Queries and Reports to fill the gap when additional information is needed
Cognos Disclosure Management
Narrative Reporting is often referred to as the “last mile of reporting”. As organisations we spend a lot of time improving our reporting and analytics processes, putting governance and checks into these solutions to ensure that the information is accurate. This effort is often destroyed by the “last mile of reporting” with the collation of narrative reports (such as board and management packs) still being a highly manual process involving copying and rekeying of numbers and data between systems and Excel, Word and PowerPoint documents.
Cognos Disclosure Management (CDM) is a business intelligence tool that specialises in the collating of data and commentary used in narrative reports. Cognos Disclosure Management removes all the manual tasks associated with the production of these report packs and puts workflow and checks in place to ensure their accuracy.
Cognos Disclosure Management is a secure, collaborative, enterprise-scalable reporting and process automation solution that enables users to merge enterprise data with focused narrative analysis in a controlled, auditable environment. Multiple participants in different departments can collaborate in the assembly of complex reports, working independently while ensuring that proper controls and approvals are in place.
- Enterprise disclosure management: Combine financial and other data from a wide variety of sources with meticulous levels of narrative analysis and control. Great for both internal and external reporting across any department.
- Automation of financial processes: Stop wasting effort on needlessly time-consuming manual processes. Save time with CDM’s intelligent process design and automation programming.
- Absolute data security, control and governance. Get the most out of your information and collaborate seamlessly without worrying about security issues. You can tailor access levels, report generation and data visibility as needed.
- Multi-jurisdictional XBRL support: CDM offers full XML compatibility and integration, making it ideal for multinational corporations that need team members all around the world to be able to use a single reporting/tagging solution without encountering language barriers.
CDM has minimal training requirements and high user acceptance as end users continue to utilise the Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) they have been using to construct these narrative reports. As the production of these reports is maintained and controlled via Cognos Disclosure Management it automatically maintains versions, enables the rolling forward of reports and provides checklists and business rules ensuring the accuracy of the data.
IBM InfoSphere is an essential solution for organisations wishing to deploy data marts or data warehousing to support their business analytics program. InfoSphere takes the heavy lifting out of combining data from disparate sources automating ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) and data quality processes. InfoSphere provides a strong foundation of data management including warehousing, integration and governance. This platform delivers the highest levels of scalability, performance and reliability.
- Big data capacity: How much is too much? With InfoSphere, you’ll never hit the limit. Warehouse, manage and interpret any amount of data from any number of sources with ease, while sharing accessibility with your business analysts, data scientists and IT team.
- Data warehousing solutions: Make the most of your current information storage systems by upgrading them with next-generation database technology, applications, interface options, cloud functionality and more. When time is critical, you need immediate access to archived material. InfoSphere’s data warehousing capabilities make it easy.
- Data security and privacy protection: It’s vital that your information is secure and, where applicable, private and scrubbed of identification markers. Failing to de-identify sensitive information or adequately protect confidential data is in violation of several legal regulations. You need a responsive and ongoing approach to information security, with comprehensive on-demand data-masking services in physical, virtual and cloud infrastructures. InfoSphere can guarantee compliance and de-identify information without losing valuable business context, making it one of the best policy-driven data protection systems in existence.
- Information integration: Combine data from a wide variety of sources and turn it into something valuable. The complete integrative solutions offered by InfoSphere encompass data collection, verification, monitoring, transformation and delivery.
- Lifecycle management: The most successful companies know how to leverage their information every step of the way. This is referred to as data lifecycle management, and it’s one of the keys to successful analytics. Protect and utilise your data constantly as it moves between different systems, applications, databases and storage mediums.
Whatever your business intelligence objectives are, Cornerstone can make them a reality. Call 1300 841 048 or contact us online to learn more.