If your New Year's resolutions are long since forgotten, it may be a good time to look back on this post from Motio about breaking those bad habits ... at least when it comes to maintaining your Cognos BI system.
The Strategy and Tools You Need for Managing Cognos BI Performance
When it comes to maintaining your Cognos BI system, good habits are just as important whether it's a brand new implementation or if you've relied on it for years.
Motio's Performance webinar held last December, provides some practical strategies you can implement right now as well as some longer term best practices to manage your Cognos performance before things get out of control.
Topics discussed during the webinar include:
- Causes of performance problems - First, you need to know where the culprtis are coming from
- Is your Content Store bloated?
- Are your reports poorly designed?
- Is it your infrastructure?
- How to address your performance issues - Determine what approach or combination of tactics to use for your situation
- Do you need to enforce best practice?
- Implement some routine maintenance tasks?
- Do you need a full-blown performance overhaul?
- Details on tasks and best practices you can incorporate into your routine (weekly, monthly, etc) to maintain good performance
- Tools and how they work to help you manage performance efficiently - using stress and load testing to proactively monitor
Motio's Performance webinar is now available on demand ... you can register and access the webinar here.
If you'd like any information on Motio products and managing your Cognos BI environment, please give us a call on 1300 841 048 or get in touch online.